Gasp! Did I just use a multi-word title for a non-reblogged post?
I thought I would start the year with a list of resolutions. But I’m not sure “resolutions” is the right word. The word almost connotes goals that are started but quickly discarded. Instead, this is my list of possible accomplishments for the year. I expect the list to change some over the next 365 days.
Make an initial list of accomplishments to achieve for the yearThere, that wasn’t so hard!
- Read the Bible deliberately and consistently, and learn more of what it really says
- Get back in the saddle again, and ride my bike farther and faster than I ever have. Getting fitter than I have ever been would be an awesome side-effect
- Be a better husband and dad
- Reconnect with relatives I have ignored over the years, and connect with those I have never met
- Learn Czech and Hebrew, and improve my Norwegian
- Extra credit: build a simple conlang that incorporates at least one feature from each of those languages
- Clean off the keyboard and learn how to play a few songs with skill
- Run a half-marathon. There’s that getting fitter than ever thing again
- Tend to this blog more often
Alrighty then, let’s see where this goes.